Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sitenews...

http://ospora.co.uk/mirrors/www.aeternus.tmfweb.nl/Diaspora/



Sitenews...
26 Jan: Started the stats site.
28 Jan: Added/completed the stats as far as I have them.
30 Jan: Added an updated map of the Diaspora realm. It is Jay's map, but with a corrected Gen zone.
4 Feb: Corrected a few off values on the Ship Stats. Added Weapons, Rockets, and Misc. stats. Also a Rinhunting etiquette, and some Diaspora commands
7 Feb: Added a few more stats. All ship stats now there. Corrected a few mislinked images. Spellchecked the Newbie guide again :)
9 Feb: Added the DarkaSpora miniskin. Diaspora: 981K compressed, only 3MB uncompressed... For floppy transportation.
10 Feb: At a small server crash, I quickly added the Experience table.
14 Feb: Edited the map again, it was still not wholly correct. 2 paths and an "i" in "Pelein" added. Also I toppled the map in a different JPeg for easier printing.
16 Feb: Talos 1 stats were WAY off, corrected. Also the Heli Carrier price missed a 0 :(. Oh, and a nasty typo in the title screen was corrected *blush*
18 Feb: Released a new version of the DarkaSpora skin. The GIF's are now also recompressed. The whole is shrunken to an install file of 674 Kb... DD floppy! Install requires 3.36MB of diskspace. Onto the next project: Compressing Diaspora WHITHOUT graphical losses. And from what I see, the 13MB install size can be about halved...
21 Feb: Added the Ramdisk tutorial. I should have thought of this old MSDOS relic earlier... But it works like a charm. Also a minor map change (one way jump near Naykon was missing). Sent an update of the map to JayJay. Started work at creating a complete list of all bots in the game. No, I'm not too far with it ('cuz I never have been in Velic or Kay much).
28 Feb: Found a bug in the Diaspora Miniskin that would hang the game on landing on Velic Vel. Fixed. (stupid me forgot to verify all files were there). Also I have begun work on a Botlist that will cover ALL bots in the game. The legal ones that is.
7 Mar: Minor site updates. Botlist... Adjusted the "faststart" in the newbie section a little (it could be exploited more then I assumed). Also adjustments to the EXP table, hopefully it is correct now.
Mar 9: Final modifs to the EXP list. Unless I find them Gen Crusaders give exp (unlikely). My guild kept me a bit busy... But I plan to publish more findings on this site soon. At what jump speed the actual speed increases for instance...
Apr 6: New update: DarkaSpora is faster then ever! Graphics have been cut deeper so that especially the repair, the shop and the trade screens should show faster. More even, the rest of the graphs had a size-down too. Stats of Talos 2 are finally correct. All exept Nisus 2 and Helios is confirmed, I'll do those 2 within a few days. And more stats available. Speed factors are checked...
If ever the miners return, I have their names. I will post them here soon. And the names of some mines themselves... Also an extra edition of the Diaspora map, showing the Jump Range requirements and corrected fields where the bots exist shall come soon.
Apr 12: The map's out, needed a little change yet. What else? A few minor corrections... Blahblah...
May 11: Last update. Game Over. Nuff Said.
May 18: Hrm, it seems the game still has some hope after all. After an email from Altitude (James) I decided to close the GameOver section. Whatever content was there, do not ask me about it. I will not re-send, re-upload, re-whatever. Instead, go ask around in the Gen Irium bar. That's where the Diaspora black market seems to concentrate...

No comments:

Post a Comment