Friday, October 4, 2013

Diaspora Thread from the EVE Online Forum

From:  http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=272310 :



Who here played Diaspora
 
This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 
AuthorTopic

Theonlystd
Caldari
Black Sail Anarchists
Mean Coalition
Posted - 2006.01.02 10:11:00 - [1]
 

It annn old old Space Trading MMog

I think it was 6 years ago when i played.

Used this name.

Good times it parrels Eve in alot of ways. Only a tiny area was safe. And the rest was unrestricted combat except for at neutral type planets. Could take over planets tax it and such . guilds. Tho sadly there wasnt much variety ship wise and simple gameplay but at the time it was a blast.

And hah u guys think the eve macro problem is bad now. In dias the noob systems had litteraly full the the point they'd freeze with trading bots.

I still remember the first time i died i whined and cry at the guys. And me and the 2 guys who did it have been friends since then. Made so many friends known some of these poeple for almost 1/3 of my life.

But Dias really made me the gamer i am today. It was my first ever online game. It wasnt one of those pansified Pve games. I tried Wow and Everquest and after a couple months i need a game with harsh pvp,politics, player interaction with the game world.

So did anyone else play?

Vicarrah
Minmatar
Posted - 2006.01.02 14:17:00 - [2]
 

I played as Vicomt, and yes it was awesome at the time, I think people are still running versions of it on their own servers now.

not quite as many people there as here though.

Justus Imperius
Caldari
Cascade Industries
Posted - 2006.01.02 14:18:00 - [3]
 

Edited by: Justus Imperius on 02/01/2006 14:23:18
Omfg I didnt think anyone more than 100 people played it. I know it wasnt the greatest game in the world but it was my all time fav game ever! Still is tbh! I wish It was still around ;.;

some people are trying to remake it but tbh... dont think its going to happen.
old one was called NetDiaspora. People remaking it = Ospora
http://www.ospora.com/index.php?p=background

Nebulous
Minmatar
Mirkur Draug'Tyr
Ushra'Khan
Posted - 2006.01.02 14:25:00 - [4]
 

Edited by: Nebulous on 02/01/2006 14:27:38
link below me works :)

Sarmaul
Brutor Tribe
Posted - 2006.01.02 14:26:00 - [5]
 

 Originally by: Nebulous
http://ospora.com/
link that works

Xrak
Pat Sharp's Potato Rodeo
Wildly Inappropriate.
Posted - 2006.01.02 15:04:00 - [6]
 

OMFG,

"But Dias really made me the gamer i am today. It was my first ever online game. It wasnt one of those pansified Pve games. I tried Wow and Everquest and after a couple months i need a game with harsh pvp,politics, player interaction with the game world."

So true for me too.

Ah yes the old guilds,

United
Doomsday
Funkstars
Anlashock
Quakers
25k or die
DIASPORA (yes that was a name of a guild)
Elite
Prophecy
Impact
Vermin

With a little cash and some work it cud have been a really good game, but the developer refused to take money for it or use any sort of advertising.

I played long time, before the Helious ships etc uptill the end.

There have been so many people try and make their own version, Ospora, Rillaspora, Endyspora, Xiaspora. But they really need to let the game die now, seriously.

Velsharoon
Gallente
Arcane Velshologies
Posted - 2006.01.02 15:47:00 - [7]
 

I tried to get the hang of it but I never could, I was to new to pc gaming. used the name Kharne or something but I never really got into it so I wouldnt know anyone, would have been a great game tho

Theonlystd
Caldari
Black Sail Anarchists
Mean Coalition
Posted - 2006.01.02 16:51:00 - [8]
 

 Originally by: Xrak
OMFG,

"But Dias really made me the gamer i am today. It was my first ever online game. It wasnt one of those pansified Pve games. I tried Wow and Everquest and after a couple months i need a game with harsh pvp,politics, player interaction with the game world."

So true for me too.

Ah yes the old guilds,

United
Doomsday
Funkstars
Anlashock
Quakers
25k or die
DIASPORA (yes that was a name of a guild)
Elite
Prophecy
Impact
Vermin

With a little cash and some work it cud have been a really good game, but the developer refused to take money for it or use any sort of advertising.

I played long time, before the Helious ships etc uptill the end.

There have been so many people try and make their own version, Ospora, Rillaspora, Endyspora, Xiaspora. But they really need to let the game die now, seriously.




I remember United,vermin,25k or die,proph,funkstars,diaspora.

Spent most of my time in an anti Pirate Guid Called Night Storm.

Yea game is just sort of petered. I played tell about a month before the server went down. Had lsot my net i get i back 6months later and no dias that was a real bummer lets just say that.


I could never get interested in the numerus clones that came out. I know a few guys who have the source are working ona source ect ect. I ask em y dont they just join me in Eve. Diaspora uberfied =p


But yea looking back on that game compared to eve. Man games have changed/ devloped

No comments:

Post a Comment